Part 1 of a short series of Blender to Unity via Substance Painter videos in which i go through how i create and texture clutter assets for games.
Clutter assets are small incidental objects randomly placed in scenes to make them feel lived in, in this first part, using Blender i take you through my method of creating a simple book asset, then move it into Substance Painter to texture.
Edit: I’ve just noticed a small section of the video is missing (at 2:39), my apologies for that, I’ve no idea how that happened, just checked the original and it’s all there, must be a YouTube upload glitch. In the mean time, if you’re wondering what was missing it was only two steps:
- I added a single edge loop top to bottom and pushed it along the X to create the width of the spine.
- I selected the faces of the pages and extruded them along the normals (alt+E & extrude along normals) to inset them
- Blender Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGD8q…
- Substance Painter Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQq4H…
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/belid…
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/belidos3
- Discord: https://discord.gg/zxmMZGgNAa